Current LeTourneau students, faculty, and staff are eligible for InterLibrary Loan.
WHAT IS INTERLIBRARY LOAN?
InterLibrary Loan is a cooperative agreement which allows libraries to circulate books, articles, and other materials.
ITEMS AVAILABLE FOR REQUEST
- Articles: copies from journals, magazines, or newspapers in digital or paper format.
- Book Chapters: copies sent in digital or paper format.
- Loans: books, sound recordings, video recordings, or microforms.
- Theses/Dissertations: loans in booklet or microform format.
ITEMS NOT AVAILABLE FOR REQUEST
- Textbooks: orders for textbooks will be canceled.
- Electronic Materials: electronic journals and e-books are unlikely to circulate.
- New Books/Articles: recently published books and articles are hard to obtain.
- International Libraries: materials in libraries outside of the U.S. are not available due to postage and shipping times.
MULTIPLE REQUESTS FOR SAME ITEM
Each patron may check out an individual book one time per semester. Multiple requests for the same book will be canceled.
AVERAGE TIME TO FILL A REQUEST
- Articles: 7 days
- Books and other items: 2 weeks
Turn around time depends on the availability of the item, the lending library's response time, and the delivery time. Books can take from 5 days to 3 weeks. Article requests can take from a few hours to several weeks.
HOW TO REQUEST AN ITEM
Requests may be submitted by one of the following methods:
Notification will be sent by email when the requested item arrives. Books and other materials may be picked up at the circulation desk of the Library. Articles and copies will be sent by email or to the CPO box in the mail center. Faculty requests will be sent by campus mail or may be picked up in the Library.
HOW LONG CAN ITEMS BE USED?
The lending library sets the due date of the borrowed material. Because items are often sent from different libraries, loans may have different due dates. Due dates are clearly marked on the form attached to the front of the item. It is the responsibility of the patron to return each book by the indicated due date or pay the accrued overdue/replacement fines.
All InterLibrary Loan materials should be returned to the circulation desk of the Library.
Overdue Fine: $0.50 per day
Replacement Fine: cost of book, replacement charges, and overdue fines.